Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WoW: The Farm

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it is a weekly feature where bloggers share what they are excited to read next.


Here is a summary from Goodreads:

Life was different in the Before: before the Ticks began devouring humans in a deadly swarm across America; before the surviving young people were rounded up and quarantined “for their own protection.” These days, we know what those quarantines are—holding pens where human blood is turned into more food for the Ticks. Surrounded by electrical fences, most kids try to survive the Farms by turning on each other…

And when trust is a thing of the past, escape is nearly impossible.

Lily and her twin sister Mel have a plan. Though Mel can barely communicate, her autism helps her notice things no one else notices—like the portion of electrical fence that gets turned off every night. Getting across won’t be easy, but as Lily gathers what they need to escape, a familiar face appears out of nowhere, offering to help…

Carter was a schoolmate of Lily’s in the Before. Managing to evade capture until now, he has valuable knowledge of the outside world. But like everyone on the Farm, Carter has his own agenda, and he knows that behind the Ticks is an even more dangerous threat to the human race...


It comes out December 5th, 2012.  It looks like a great dystopian type of book. Happy Reading! 

4 comments:

  1. I have recently started hearing about this one a lot. It sounds like it could be really good. I can't wait to see your review as it'll help me decide if I want to read it or not, as currently I am on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sounds of this one it great. i need to check it out. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2707

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this sounds pretty interesting. I cannot wait to hear what you have to say about it. I will be adding to my ever growing TBR.
    Check out my WOW

    I'm a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I've heard of this one, but it sounds absolutely fantastic. I love dystopians, so I'll definitely be adding it to my tbr pile!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete