Friday, July 27, 2012

Follow Friday



Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read, which are both awesome blogs!  This week's question is:

Summer Reading: What was your favourite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

There are a few books that stand out in my mind for the question.  I love, love, loved To Kill a Mockingbird.  I read this in high school and in university and I think I liked it more in university.
I also really enjoyed reading Les Miserables for my French class.  It really has a great story and I can't wait for the movie to come out soon.

Those are my picks for high school reads but if I had to choose some books from University I think I would have to pick: Funny Boy by Shyam Selvadurai.  It is a lesser known book but it is just excellent.  It is about a boy struggling to come to terms with his sexuality in the midst of a civil war.
I also really liked The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman.  This book is about a girl, during the time of the plague, who must become a prostitute.  It is such a great read and I would suggest it to anyone.  I think it may even be one of my favourites of all time.

Well I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Friday!  Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. The Dress Lodger sounds interesting! I never had to read To Kill A Mockingbird for school, but I have read it. It seems like a lot of people have mentioned it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TKAM made my list too. it's so good. it's the only book i've ever read more than once.

    trish - my ff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such great classics!! :)

    I'm a new gfc follower.

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/07/ff-feature-and-follow-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird certainly seems popular! I'm a new follower! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird is just so good! I can see why so many people picked it! I did too :) New follower!

    My FF:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen To Kill a Mockingbird more than ANY other answer. And it's a great book so yay for it!

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Hopping on through from the feature and follow!
    
Hosted BY Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
    New Buddy, Please…. Cyber stalk me back! 

    Thanks,

    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com

    
PS
    
My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Les Miserables is one of my all time favorites and I'm forever grateful to my English teacher for assigning it. I'm now checking out The Dress Lodger- sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Les Miserables is one of my all time favorites and I'm forever grateful to my English teacher for assigning it. I am ecstatic for the movie! I'm now checking out The Dress Lodger- sounds brilliant! New follower, for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete