Saturday, March 24, 2012

Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Publisher: Harper Teen
Publishing Date: August 31rst, 2010
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Pages: 335 pgs
ISBN: 9780061985843

My Rating: 3 stars

Summary from Goodreads: 
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.


My Review:
This book has gotten a lot of rave reviews and for that reason when I saw it at the library I snatched it up quickly. It is about a young girl named Evie who works for an agency that captures paranormal creatures. For most of her life she has questioned who she is and where she came from. When a new dangerous paranormal begins killing all of her friends the question of her identity comes into play.
I have to admit that while I didn't hate this novel, I wasn't in love with it like other people have been. I think it may have something to do with the fact that there are so many novels written about paranormals that I think some of it is getting a little old.
On paper I should have liked this book more than I did. It has a kick ass female protagonist and great writing but I ended the book thinking meh. I'm not sure whether or not I will read Supernaturally. I am a bit curious to see what happens with the rest of the series but there are so many other books that I want to read. I guess I will play it by ear and see what happens. Overall, I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment