Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Top Ten Tuesdays- Resolutions
Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's top ten is our Reading/Blogging resolutions. I have already posted something similar to this but I will repost some and add some others. Sorry for those that have already read this once. Here it goes:
1. I woud like to be more proactive when it comes to writing my posts. I can procrastinate a bit and then I feel like I have a bunch of reviews to do. I would like to pre-write some of my posts and that way I don't have to worry so much about it. This is especially true when it comes to my weekly memes. I usually end up adding my entries much later than others. Prime example: this post right now is being written at 5:15pm on Tuesday. I should have written it yesterday and had it set to post automatically.
2. I would like to host a giveaway or two or three this year. I have yet to have one and I think that it would be nice to give something back to the blogging community. I think I will posting my first giveaway within the next week or two.
3. I would like to comment more on the blogs that I do read. I also need to comment back to those that comment on my blog. I follow quite a few blogs and read others sporadically yet I only comment maybe 1/8 of the time if that.
4. I would like to up the readership on my blog. I have 29 followers right now and I am greatful for them but I would like to reach more people. This being said, if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I didn't start blogging to have a million followers.
5. I would like to learn how to do more things on my blog. I know how to do basic things but I don't know how to for example add surveys or forms for giveaways. My goal is to learn how to do more than just the basic.
6. As for reading, I would like to actually hit my 100 books a year goal. The last 2 years I have read exactly 97 each time. I have been 3 books off and I would like to actually hit the mark this year. Thus far, I have read 5 books and it's only January 11th so I don't think that's too bad.
7. I need to put a dent in my tbr pile. It has grown to astronomical proportions. I think I have over 200 books I haven't read here on my shelf. That goes hand in hand with resolution number 8.
8. I will try not to buy anymore books. The only exceptions I will make are if I get a gift card and also if they are free books then I can bring them home. As it stands I have over 400 books in my tbr pile and to me this is just a bit ridiculous.
9. I would like to read more classic books. As of last year I think I only read like one classic book. I hold an English degree and I think after I was done my degree I went a little crazy reading mysteries and easy-reads.
10. I would like to review every book I read. Sometimes I leave out some books but I'd like to review them all. I guess I will see what happens.
Well there they all are. As I previously stated some of these are repeats from a post I made not long ago. Enjoy and if you have any other suggestions don't hesitate to let me know.