Well, I haven't really been on since the New Year and I think that it's important to list a few of my resolutions here. I will be posting some blogging/reading goals and also some personal goals.
1. I woud like to be more proactive when it comes to writing my posts. I can procrastinate a bit and then I feel like I have a bunch of reviews to do. I would like to pre-write some of my posts and that way I don't have to worry so much about it. This is especially true when it comes to my weekly memes. I usually end up adding my entries much later than others.
2. I would like to host a giveaway or two or three this year. I have yet to have one and I think that it would be nice to give something back to the blogging community.
3. I would like to comment more on the blogs that I do read. I also need to comment back to those that comment on my blog.
4. I would like to up the readership on my blog. I have 23 followers right now and I am greatful for them but I would like to reach more people.
5. I would like to learn how to do more things on my blog. I know how to do basic things but I don't know how to for example add surveys or forms for giveaways. My goal is to learn how to do more than just the basic.
6. As for reading, I would like to actually hit my 100 books a year goal. The last 2 years I have read exactly 97 each time. I have been 3 books off and I would like to actually hit the mark this year.
7. I need to put a dent in my tbr pile. It has grown to astronomical proportions. I think I have over 200 books I haven't read here on my shelf. That goes hand in hand with not buying anymore books. The only exceptions I will make are if I get a gift card and also if they are free books then I can bring them home.
8. Finally, I would like to read more classic books. As of last year I think I only read like one classic book. I hold an English degree and I think after I was done my degree I went a little crazy reading mysteries and easy-reads.
My Personal Resolutions:
1. I would like to gossip a little less. I find that when I am around my group of friends I tend to gossip a bit more. I don't know why I do this but I know that it is not the best thing to be doing so I would like to curb that.
2. I would like to be a little less of a procrastinator. I oftentimes leave things to the last minute and this makes things so much more stressful than they need to be.
3. I would like to be more healthy this year. I would really like to start and stick with some sort of physical activity regimine. I also need to get my eating habits in check. I have a wedding dress to fit into and then hopefully afterwards some babies to have. This requires a bit more in the health department from me.
Well, these are my resolutions/goals for 2011. What are yours?