Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2011
Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's edition is about the top ten books you resolve to finally read in 2011. I have quite a few books that have been on my shelf for years and I keep buying other books instead. Well here is my list:
1. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen- I've heard lots of good things about this but I still haven't read it.
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald- Most of my friends had to read this for school but I didn't. I have it on my shelf and I can't wait to read it.
3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins- I just got this for Christmas and I think I am the last person alive who hasn't read it.
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- Again I am the last person to read this.
5. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb- I bought this for full price as a hardcover because Lamb is my favorite author. That being said, it has been sitting on my shelf.
6. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens- This goes with my resolution to read more classic literature.
7. Audition by Barbara Walters- This goes with my goal to read more non-fiction.
8. The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein- I have started this several times and because it's not fiction I end up abandoning it. I need to actually get through this because it has such interesting points.
9. The rest of my Margaret Atwood novels. I have read most of them but I still need to read a few of them that are on my shelf. Again she is one of my favorite authors.
10. Cassandra Clare's novels. I have them all and I vow to read them.
Well those are my top ten. What are yours?