Thursday, January 20, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Publisher: Harlequin/Harlequin Teen
Publishing Date: 01/25/2011
ISBN: 9780373210183
Pages: 384 pages

Summary from GoodReads:

My name is Meaghan Chase.

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.



My Review:
I was super excited to get this as an ARC from NetGalley. Well at the end of the second book I thought for sure that Meghan would be going back to the human realm and spend some time with her family. I really wanted to see how those relationships would develop and in the first novel I felt that she was quite close to her younger brother especially considering she risked her life to save him. Well, I got a bit of a tease for about maybe 10 pages and then it became apparent that there would not be much of this in the third installment of the Iron Fey series. I was slightly disappointed but the rest of the book made up for that. I really like this series. It is full of adventure and also mystery. Kagawa is extremely creative but also embraces folklore. I don't want to give much of the ending away but there are some pretty intense moments that actually made me tear up a bit. There was still the whole Ash/Puck love triangle (if you can even call it that). I am still unconvinced that those are healthy relationships; however I can still see how someone might find that kind of thing endearing. Again, like the other two novels, I couldn't put this book down. I am looking forward to reading more in the series especially now that it looks like there is a lot of change that will be occurring. Overall, I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment