Monday, January 24, 2011

Review: Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison

Publisher: Harlequin/Harlequin Teen
Publishing Date: February 1, 2011
ISBN: 9780373210282
Pages: 208 pages

Summary from GoodReads:

Heroine, Bridget Duke, rules her high school, but when she crashes her car and ends up in limbo, she must confront the people she has wronged, all of whom want her to go to hell. The outcome of these meetings will decide her final destination.

My Review:

I received this novel as an ARC from NetGalley. I have to say I wasn't sure about this novel at first but when I started reading it I really wanted to know more. It only took me a few hours to read this story. Bridget is essential a spoiled brat. She treats everyone incredible rudely. She has absolutely no compassion for others. When she gets in an accident she is brought to limbo where there is a jury of her peers and she is able to view herself as others see her. The plot and the characters are quite interesting but one flaw in the novel is that it has already been done before. Also, while I do believe people can change I do not believe that it is something that can be done overnight. If you go into this book reading it for what it is, a light read with a good moral then you will enjoy it. Overall I give this novel 3.5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment