Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs

Publisher: Putnam Adult
Publishing Date: 11/03/2009
ISBN: 9780399156380
Pages: 260 pages

Summary from GoodReads:
Knit the Season is a loving, moving, laugh-out-loud celebration of special times with friends and family. The story begins a year after the end of Knit Two, with Dakota Walker's trip to spend the Christmas holidays with her Gran in Scotland-accompanied by her father, her grandparents, and her mother's best friend, Catherine. Together, they share a trove of happy memories about Christmases past with Dakota's mom, Georgia Walker-from Georgia's childhood to her blissful time as a doting new mom. From Thanksgiving through Hanukkah and Christmas to New Year's, Knit the Season is a novel about the richness of family bonds and the joys of friendship.

My Review:
I loved the Friday Night Knitting Club and Knit Two by Jacobs so I was looking forward to reading this book. Plus, you have to read at least one holiday like book during the holidays. I have to admit that while I enjoyed this book, it didn't measure up to the first books. I did enjoy reading the snippets of Georgia's life and also seeing this character from the points of view of her family which is something that hasn't been done yet. I also love all the wonderful characters in this series. I found that the plot was seriously lacking for this book. There didn't seem to much of a conflict or a climax to the novel. The book just kind of floats around Dakota's trip to Scotland as well as Anita's wedding (which had previously been canceled many times). While I like the series and would like to read more I would also like a little more substance. Overall, I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. For those that have read the series you might as well read this one. For those who haven't read the Knit Club series, I suggest you start with the first book which is exceptional. (I even admit to full out crying on the bus while reading this book and yes people were looking at me like I was a crazy).

No comments:

Post a Comment