Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays!


I just wanted to take a moment today to say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays no matter what you celebrate. Things have been quite crazy thus far today. Each year my mother, grandmother, parents-in-laws say that it's going to be a small Christmas. I think they need to re-examine what they consider small. My fiance and I always get spoiled. The living room was filled with gifts this morning. Granted I have 5 siblings so there were the six of us, my grandmother, my aunt, my uncle, my cousin and my mom at my grandmother's house this morning. That being said, I still came home with a full hamper full of gifts. In there were 4 books (which I will show in my first In My Mailbox of the year). I also got quite a few gift cards to Chapters this year. I can't wait to go out and spend them. Derek and I both come from split families so we usually have about 4 different places to go to over the holidays. That being said, today we decided to divide and conquer. He went to his family dinner and I went to mine. We spent some time together in the afternoon and this evening. Things were getting a little hectic when we tried to go to everything. My grandmother always hosts at her home and at almost 85 she gets worn out pretty quickly. I decided to stay at my family dinner so I could help out with the cooking and cleaning (it did work out the boys cleaned so I got out of doing dishes). Dinner was delicious and it's always nice to be around family no matter how quirky they may be. Anyhow, I hope you all had a great holiday. What did you do to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment