Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Top Ten Tuesdays #3
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme at The Broke and the Bookish. This week the theme is top ten characters that you would most like to be friends with. My list is as follows:
1. Hermione Granger, Harry Potter Series: From the very beginning I have loved this character. She reminds me so much of myself and I think we would get along quite well. Plus I always thought she needed a girl friend as she is always hanging out with the guys.
2. The Wakefield twins, Sweet Valley High: I read a lot of Sweet Valley when I was younger and I always wanted to be friends with these two. I have to admit though that I was partial to Elizabeth. I always found Jessica could be a bit of a handful.
3. Becky Bloomwood, Shopaholic Series: I have to say the only reason I would like to be friends with Becky is so I could give her some sound advice and on occasion shake her and ask her what she was thinking.
4. Georgia Walker, The Friday Night Knitting Club: I loved this book and it's sequel Knit Two. I have to say that I think Georgia had the kindest heart and was such an amazing woman and inspiration. I definitely wouldn't mind being her friend.
5. Sookie Stackhouse: I think this character has a lot of spunk. She is not afraid to tell you exactly what she is thinking but she also cares a great deal about the people in her life.
6. Flavia de Luce, Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: This little girl is just amazing. She is smart and she has a good sense of humour. She is also a great detective. I mean who wouldn't love a girl who puts poison in her sister's lipstick to get revenge?
7. Anne, Anne of Green Gables: Anne is a great girl. She also has a bit of spunk to her. Based on later novels though she would do anything for a good friend; just ask Diana.
8. Lizzie Bennet, Pride and Prejudice: She knows what she wants and is not afraid to not just ask for it but demand it.
9. Pip, Great Expectations: I would have just liked to be there as a source of support as he didn't have much of that. I always felt for him and I wished that he had a good friend to guide him along the way.
10. Alex Cross, James Patterson's Cross Series: I just think that he is a bit bad ass and I wouldn't mind having someone there for security. He is also an amazing father which makes him endearing.
Well those are mine. What are yours?