I am just back from the Ottawa Senators hockey game against the Dallas Stars and I came home t this lovely comment on my blog. I have won an award from ComaCalm's Book Reviews. Thanks so much. Here it is:
Now in order to accept my award there are a few things that I must do and they are as follows:
1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2) Share seven things about yourself.
3) Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason.
4) Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.
So, number one is already done. As for #2 here are 7 things about myself:
- I grew up with 5 siblings (2 sisters and 3 brothers) and 2 parents in a house with only one bathroom. (I wouldn't recommend this)
- I've actually travelled past the arctic circle. This was when I was younger and living up north with my parents but hey I can still claim it.
- I am 28 and just got my drivers license this summer that just passed
- My TBR pile at home is about 300 strong and still growing
- I slather my pancakes with peanut butter and syrop. Mmmm...
- I am marrying the love of my life in August of next summer.
- My passion in life is teaching. I am currently an occasional teacher and I have my own class every Wednesday.
Alright, well here are my new favourite bloggers who I am giving this award to:
All About N (I love this blog. There is a great feature about people's bookcases.)
The Story Siren (This blog is mainly focused on YA fiction. I didn't read much of this until I discovered this blog)
Gina's Skinny Recipes (This is a blog with amazing recipes for those watching their figure. Amazing food)
Loving Books (This blog has reviews on a variety of types of books)
A Thousand Books with Quotes (This blog focuses quotes from classic literature)
Julie C. Butler Photography (This is my wedding photographer's blog. She does AMAZING work)
Readerbuzz (This is another great book blog.)
Books by their Cover (I love that this blog not only rates the books but also their covers. Love it!)
The Broke and the Bookish (This blog has many different reviewers. I like this because it is updated often and you get different points of view)
The Perpetual Page-Turner (The author of this blog has a great writing style. She just posted a great post about the etiquette of blogging)
Bitsy Bling's Book Reviews (I like the fact that an author is posting book reviews. I have not read any of the author's work yet but I plan to.)
Snowdrop Dreams of Books (This blog focuses mainly on YA but does have other types of books. Great layout!)
A Bookish Way of Life (This is a book blog that reviews a lot of mainstream fiction novels.)
In the Library of Lady Violet (I love watching the vlogs on this blog)
S. Krishna's Books (This blog is great and really opens my eyes to different types of books that I would enjoy reading.)
Well there it is, my first blogging award. Thanks again.