Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Publisher: Poppy
Publishing Date: January 2nd, 2012
Genre: YA, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 236 pgs
ISBN: 9780316122382

Rating: 4 stars


Summary from GoodReads:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


My Review: 
I have been seeing so much about this on the blogosphere so when it came out I got it for my Kobo Vox.  I read this completely on the 5 and a half drive to Quebec City for my honeymoon with my husband.  I have to say that this book was super cute and it was just the thing I needed after reading a very intense book.  The book is about Hadley who has to go to her father's second wedding to a woman who she has never met.  On her way there she meets a cute boy named Oliver and they share their stories on their long flight overseas.  I have to say while I do not believe in love at first sight I do believe that you can fall for someone in a short period of time.  I think that the longevity of the relationship depends on many things including but not limited to compatibility, chemistry, honesty and hard work put into the relationship.  I do believe that the way you start a relationship also has a lot to do in where the relationship is heading.  In this book, I have a good feeling that Hadley and Oliver could make it last.  I loved Hadley's spunk and her ability to do what she thinks is the right thing to do.  That isn't always an easy task.  She seems unfazed by how other people will react to her.  I enjoyed this book and I would recommend it for anyone wanting to read something a little uplifting.  I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment