Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Hello everyone.  I kind of dropped off the face of the blogosphere for a little while but I promise that I am back.  Do you want to know what  I was up to and why I stopped posting.  Well, I was a little busy.  Instead of writing about it I will show you.  Here is what I was up to:

Surprise!  I got married!  Aug. 27th.  This is a sneak peak that we got from the photographer.  I can't wait to see the rest!



This was taken before heading to the ceremony. 
This is right after my hubby and I got married.

Here is a closeup of my dress.

Of course being bookish, the favors HAD to be bookmarks :)

Our first kiss. 

Here is my guestbook.  I made it like a scrapbook with a picture of each guest and they signed beside their picture.

Again, the bookmark favors but also, I made each and every one of those napkin rings.  Talk about a pain!

Here is the reading list I made for my guests.

This is our table setting.  I didn't use table numbers but instead I had a different book at each table and the guests had to find their table by looking for their book. Also, the centerpieces were candy buffets at every table.

Here is our tent.  We got married in our backyard and had a huge tent.  All the blue and purple puffs were made by moi.

My dad walking me up the aisle.

Our puppy Webber in his adorable tux!


Anyhow, as you can see that most of my wedding was DIY and as a result I didn't have any time for anything else, including reading.  I am making a promise to keep up with my blog from now on.  I may post a couple more wedding related things but I promise to also start up with the reviews again.  Thanks for still following me.  It means a lot to me. 

4 comments:

  1. You looked absolutely gorgeous and I love your book themed wedding. :) So cute!

    I'm starting to understand how much time wedding planning takes and I've only just begun. LOL :)

    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You were such a beautiful bride!! I LOVE your favours, what an amazing idea...and the centrepieces and table number substitutes, all the bookish things are genius. I might have to steal those ideas if I ever get married lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love the book theme to your reception, and I love your guest book! If I ever get married, I think I'm stealing your guest book idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. It took a lot of work but I think it was well worth it. We have had many people compliment us on our wedding and telling us how fun it was.

    ReplyDelete