Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: Where It's At


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's edition is Top Ten Settings in Books.

I'm hoping that I can come up with 10 but I guess we'll see.



Hogwarts from Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling- I mean who wouldn't want to visit Hogwarts. It is an amazingly magical place.


Lothlorien (The Refuge of the Elves) from Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien- Really it's just beautiful.



The Beaches of North Carolina- found in any Nicholas Sparks book


New York City- found in books like J'Adore New York, Sex in the City and Something Borrowed


Anne of Green Gables House in PEI- by Lucy Maud Montgomery




Well, I found 5 I suppose that is all I can think of. I'm interested to see what the rest of you have. Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Finding the Anne of Green Gables house on a lot of lists. If you ever get the chance to visit...do it!! Great list :) New follower. Here's my Top Ten:

    http://lovelaughandread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lot of the same favorite settings! I've love to visit the world of Anne of Green Gables. It seems so peaceful and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am familiar with the beaches of NC and they are indeed lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, it took me ages to think up ten but I didn't know cutting it short was an option! Re: your list - you've got some cool and popular choices there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lothlorien is indeed a great setting. Tolkien certainly knew how to make 'em, didn't he? I've never been to North Carolina, but if their beaches are anything like South Carolinas, I'd love to hang out there -- especially now, with all this heat (where I am, anyway). Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I also came up with only five.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete