Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: Passion

Book Blogger Hop
This week's question for the hop is:

When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?

Well, I have to say I have always been a reader. I used to visit the library once every 2 weeks I would take out the maximum number of books. It has been in the last few years that I have really been collecting books at my house. I took an English degree so I always had 3-4 books a week to read for class. Since graduating I have been enjoying reading for my own pleasure and not to write essays. Anyhow, I guess that's a long way of saying I'm not sure if there was a particular moment when I realized that reading was a passion, it's just always been a part of my life.

10 comments:

  1. Is it so much nicer when you get to read for pleasure? I am the same way. I've just always read a lot. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to this week's question! Really, I love everyone. And I think it's awesome to read where some people's love of books came from! I used to do the library thing too, take out as many books as I could. hehe.

    My Hop is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer. I also studied English for my degree and reading is now my profession as well - I'm a college lecturer in English lit.
    Have a good weekend
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting a book from the library was great growing up.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I don't remember a time when books weren't important to me!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ! New follower here- really liked your blog design, and the header is pure genius :) Where did you find it/make it?

    Dee, hopping from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. My answer is very similar. Have a great weekend!

    Beyond strange new words

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realized how important books had become in my life in 1999. Come see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually miss the 4 books a week reading load of my English degree these days...at least back then I had an excuse to read all day and not do anything else. Great answer - it brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to spend my Saturdays at the library. I miss that!

    I'm a brand new follower. Please check out my blog and my FF/etc post when you get a chance.

    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-me-friday-8-book-blogger-hop-6.html

    ReplyDelete