Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

From the Publishers:

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


My Review:

I don't often read YA fiction but since browsing multiple book blogs I have noticed that this is a huge trend. Many blogs are based on YA and I thought I better find out what the fuss is all about. I have to say this book lived up to its hype. I couldn't put this book down and immediately ordered the second book in the series Crescendo as soon as I was done this book. I really liked Fitzpatrick's writing style. The book cover pretty much gives away the secret that Patch is some sort of fallen angel but I think Fitzpatrick did a good job of keeping he suspense and mystery around Patch's character. At times Nora drove me a bit bonkers; I just found myself yelling at her in certain situations. That being said, I do remember what it is like to be 16 years old and thinking you are on top of the world and invincible. You are definitely attracted to the unknown and mysterious and while in your brain you know you shouldn't pursue something you find yourself ignoring it anyhow. At this is how I was at the age of 16. I am curious to see how Fitzpatrick tops her first book. Overall, I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment