Thursday, October 7, 2010

Booking Through Thursday


So since I started blogging again, I though that I would start responding to Booking Through Thursday again. So here is the question:
When you travel, how many books do you bring with you? Has this changed since the arrival of ebooks?

I have to say that I am a classic overpacker to begin with so it isn't any different when it comes to books. (It may actually be even worse). When it comes to packing books I have this unrealistic expectation that I'm actually going to read every book I bring with me. If I'm going away for a weekend I've been known to bring 4 books. If I'm going for a week then I usually bring about 7 books. I never actually read this many books but I always think I'm going to. I couldn't bear being away and running out of books to read. Usually, I bring a few extras home with me too.
I got a Kindle e-reader for my birthday in July and I have only been away twice since I've had it. I brought it with me both times but I have to admit I still brought paperbacks with me as well. I don't know, I guess I like to have options. I'm heading to the Barbados this summer so I'm thinking this will come in handy since we're flying and there is a weight restriction. I'm curious to see how many books other people pack with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment