Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The OC Transpo Bus Strike

I am in Ottawa, Ontario and at this moment the city is having a transit strike. I am someone who does not have a license and relies on public transportation. In the beginning, it was an inconvenience to me but I didn't mind the strike all that much. My father works for the CAW union and I can fully appreciate the value of a strike. That being said, I have been without transportation now since December 10th. I am getting more than a little irritated at lack of organization that is being demonstrated in this city. Since Dec. 10th, there has only been one vote on one contract. I have to say in a time of recession, why on earth are people asking for more money. They should be counting their blessings that they still have a job considering how many people are getting laid off all across our country and the United States. I sincerely hope that the City and OC Transpo get their act together and come up with some sort of solution to this problem soon. I have had to get my poor grandfather to drive me to work and have my boyfriend pick me up. At that, our vehicle is a little on the ancient side and has decided to break once again. I just want things to be resolved quickly and efficiently and I don't believe that is too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment