Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Memories


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's edition is the top ten bookish memories.  I don't have 10 this week but I will share the ones that I do have.  

Ontario Blog Squad Meetup- the one with all the bags
1. Growing up my sister and I shared a room.  My mother was pretty strict with us and we had to go to bed far too early and as a result we were not tired.  We often turned on the lights and tried to “sneak read”.  One night we heard my mother coming down the stairs and my sister thought she was being stealth by hiding a huge stack of picture books under her pillow.  Needless to say, her head was so elevated that she was almost sitting up and her books were clearly visible.  We got in trouble for not being asleep but my sister and I still laugh about this to this day.

The day we all went to buy Insurgent
2. I have fond memories of my aunt visiting us in Cornwall.  She often brought down a huge stack of books with her for us.  For some reason one book sticks out in my head.  I don’t remember the title or the author but I do know it was about a dragon.  She sat with my siblings and I and read this chapter book with us.  She did all the voices and it is something that I remember years and years later.

3. My next memory is just of getting excited for each of the Harry Potter books to come out.  I wasn’t one for waiting overnight in line for them but I do remember rushing to get them during the first week they were out.  I also went to see the Harry Potter movies either on opening day or very soon after.  Such great stories!

Smart Chicks

4. Next up, I would have to say that some of my best bookish memories are now blogging related.  The first is the time when I met a group of bloggers for the first time.  We met up for dinner and then headed over to Smart Chicks in Ottawa.  It was great to meet people I had been chatting with on Twitter and it was the first time I got to meet some great authors!   I got a tonne of books signed and it was great.

First Annual Ottawa Blog Meetup
5. The next big memory is of meeting the Ottawa blogettes about a year ago now.  We met up at KS on the Keys (a great restaurant in the Ottawa area) and then headed over to Chapters.  We chatted books for well over 4 hours and it never got tired.  We are now all good friends and have our 2nd Annual Meet up this weekend. 

6. Well, I don’t think I’m going to make it to 10 but this next memory is one that was a little surreal.  In November we attended the Ontario Blog Squad’s meetup.  The Ottawa bloggers (all 5 of us) drove down to Toronto spent the weekend there.  On the Saturday we met with about 100 people just as passionate about books as I am.  We met other bloggers, publishers and authors.  We were chatting with authors like it was everyday practice.  No big deal.  That is one thing that I love about blogging is that you get the chance to speak to and converse with your favourite authors.  I mean these are people you admire.  It really is a great opportunity.  Not only this but on this trip I really feel like the Ottawa bloggers and I got to know one another on a different level.  We bonded and even had a chance to go out to a local pub.  It was a very fun weekend.

Ontario Blog Squad Meetup
Well that’s it for me this week.  I am looking forward to reading your bookish memories. 
 



1 comment:

  1. It's great that you've actually met some other bloggers. My SNL blogs too and I've virtually met another blogger from my state, but we haven't met in person. I do have several friends who love to read just as much as I do and nothing's better than sitting down to talk to them about a good book!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete