Monday, March 14, 2011

My Absence as of Late

I just wanted to apologize that I haven't been keeping up with my posts lately. Since coming back from Barbados, I have been busy with wedding planning. For those of you who are already married, you know exactly what I am referring to. For those of you who aren't, just wait for it. It is incredibly hectic and while it is exciting, I have to admit it is slightly stressing me out. Last week I ticked 6 things off my list. I know this isn't book related but I'd like to share a bit with all of you. Last weekend we went out and bought the bridesmaid dresses. Here is a picture of what they look like:

I was hoping that the blue would be a bit deeper but I really wanted something that would pop. What do you think?

I also got my bridesmaids their thank you gifts. I found them on Etsy by an incredible jewlery designer. Here is another pic:



My fiancee and I also got our wine made and it sounds like it's going to be pretty good. Both the red and the white will be Chilean wine. Mmm.... We have to go back in April to bottle all 150 bottles of wine. Should be interesting and I'm hoping to recruit some help to get that all done.

My wedding favors have been ordered and since we're having a book theme we got bookmarks with little butterflies on top of them. I'm also going to have the tables named after books instead of just numbering them. I'm planning on having the actual book on the table held up with a holder. If you have any ideas for wedding/love themed books please let me know.

Last but not least, I ordered and received 1400 sheets of tissue paper via the mail. We are getting married in our backyard and having a huge 40'x80' tent. I want to decorate the tent with these really great tissue pom-pom type things. Here is yet again another picture:




I'm also making napkin holders to match. Anyhow, this has been a brief interlude from book relating things but I thought that some of you may be interested. I also found out that my wedding dress is in and I am going to get fitted at the end of June. I will reveal the dress after the wedding because I don't want to chance that my fiancee will see it. Anyhow, I promise to stay on top of the book reviews and memes next week. For those of you in the teaching profession here in Canada have a great March Break!

Ooops... forgot to mention the 6th thing. We booked a DJ!

1 comment:

  1. Everything sounds amazing. I'm getting married next year and haven't even started planning for it properly yet! xD

    ReplyDelete