Thursday, October 21, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

So here is the question this week:

Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren’t there any?

Well, since I'm Canadian I guess I could include American novels but I feel like that's a bit like cheating. I read a lot of Canadian literature and many of my favorite novels are by Canadians so I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with an answer. That being said, one of my favourite authors is Marian Keyes who hales from Ireland. I love the book Is Anybody Out There.
I also really like The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Hosseini now lives in the States but he is originally from Afghanistan so I think that should count as a book from another country as well. I realize now that I think I need to branch out and try reading some more foreign books. That is my goal for the next 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment