Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Asking for Help

Well I have to admit that I am not usually one to ask for help. I have pretty much been living on my own since I was 17 and I have become very independent for that reason. From my upbringing I have learned to rely on myself and oftentimes I have trouble asking for help. This drives my husband bonkers and I have really been working hard at asking for help when it is needed.

As many of you know from reading the blog, my husband and I have been struggling to get pregnant. My eggs are just too nice and cozy in my ovaries and I suspect they have parked their asses on the couch and are currently binge watching all their fave shows (Gilmore Girls, Supernatural, Kimmy Schmidt, The L Word, etc). That being said, they are so lazy that they forget their one job- to mature and take a journey of self discovery down the fallopian tubes where they will meet their one true love, Mr. Sperm. (Too much info?) Anyhow, what I am really trying to say is that D and I are at the IVF stage of this process. This can be super costly. One round is about 10K plus thousands of dollars worth of medication. We have been saving for over a year and it is proving to be difficult.

This is where I ask for some help. As tacky as it may be we have decided to be shameless about our current predicament. If we are going to be able to afford this we are holding a fundraiser. I know not everyone can afford to donate and if this is the case I would sincerely appreciate it if you forwarded the link to our fundraiser along. That being said, if you are able to donate, regardless of the amount I would be sincerely thankful.

I do not want to pressure anyone and I hope this doesn't turn you off the blog but this has been a lifelong dream of mine.  I surround myself with children everyday as I teach first grade. I know how much joy they can be and I would like to be able to start a family with my husband.

If you are interested in donating the link can be found here.

Thank you for taking the time to listen. I know that I haven't always been around but this blog has been a great sounding board and I do feel like you have all supported me through this already by just reading/listening to me get my feelings out.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment