Monday, January 6, 2014

Best of 2013

Well I know this is slightly late but I wanted to give you my favourite novels of the year.  I have 14 of them and I'm going to divide them as YA and Adult.  This year was a pretty tame reading year for me.  I only read 91 books and I usually read closer to 120.  That being said there were some great books in there.

In no particular order here they are.



Shine by Lauren Myracle- I can't believe it took me so long to read this book.  It was quite good and deals with so many issues all in one story. 

Just One Day by Gayle Forman- Well Forman made me fall in love with a fictional character and then made me question that.  I quite enjoyed this story and loved reading every minute of it. 


The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater- This is my favourite series of all time right now. Stiefvater's writing is incredible and I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series. 


Cress by Marissa Meyer- I just read this recently and I think it's the best of the series so far.  I love these books and I think Cress may be my favourite character to date.  I also love Thorne just a little bit. 

Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley- Whoa! That is all I can say about this book.  It took me for surprise and I couldn't put it down.  This is definitely one you should check out. 


 Allegiant by Veronica Roth- I know a lot of people were disappointed in the ending but I think it was fitting.  It was the only thing Roth could really do. I will admit to maybe wanting to yell a bit but I got over that pretty quickly.  It was a fitting end to a great trilogy. 

Adult: 




The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult- This book is her best yet! It is incredibly well written and different from her normal narratives. 

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell- This is quite funny and I loved reading every word of this book.


One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker- I also read Tucker's other novel Ten Tiny Breaths this year but I liked One Tiny Lie just a little bit more. It was fun but it also dealt with some issues. 

Tampa by Alissa Nutting- This is not a book for the faint of heart but it is very well written.  It is about a woman who seduces young boys.


 Night Film by Marisha Pessl- This book is super creepy and super well written.  Her previous work is on my TBR list for 2014. 

Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin- This book is amazing! I don't think it got enough recognition but it is well written and deals with a subject matter that is difficult to write about. 



Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham- Well last but not least was a book from none other than Miss Lorelai Gilmore.  I really liked the quirky writing in this story and I am curious to see if Ms. Graham writes anything else. 





No comments:

Post a Comment