Friday, July 27, 2012

Follow Friday



Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read, which are both awesome blogs!  This week's question is:

Summer Reading: What was your favourite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

There are a few books that stand out in my mind for the question.  I love, love, loved To Kill a Mockingbird.  I read this in high school and in university and I think I liked it more in university.
I also really enjoyed reading Les Miserables for my French class.  It really has a great story and I can't wait for the movie to come out soon.

Those are my picks for high school reads but if I had to choose some books from University I think I would have to pick: Funny Boy by Shyam Selvadurai.  It is a lesser known book but it is just excellent.  It is about a boy struggling to come to terms with his sexuality in the midst of a civil war.
I also really liked The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman.  This book is about a girl, during the time of the plague, who must become a prostitute.  It is such a great read and I would suggest it to anyone.  I think it may even be one of my favourites of all time.

Well I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Friday!  Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. The Dress Lodger sounds interesting! I never had to read To Kill A Mockingbird for school, but I have read it. It seems like a lot of people have mentioned it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TKAM made my list too. it's so good. it's the only book i've ever read more than once.

    trish - my ff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such great classics!! :)

    I'm a new gfc follower.

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/07/ff-feature-and-follow-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird certainly seems popular! I'm a new follower! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird is just so good! I can see why so many people picked it! I did too :) New follower!

    My FF:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen To Kill a Mockingbird more than ANY other answer. And it's a great book so yay for it!

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Les Miserables is one of my all time favorites and I'm forever grateful to my English teacher for assigning it. I'm now checking out The Dress Lodger- sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Les Miserables is one of my all time favorites and I'm forever grateful to my English teacher for assigning it. I am ecstatic for the movie! I'm now checking out The Dress Lodger- sounds brilliant! New follower, for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete