Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's edition is ten books to read if you are in the mood for X. I decided to pick some books that you should read if you need a good ugly cry. We are talking about books that will rip your heart out and stomp on it. These are books you read alone for fear of looking like this:
1. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson- This book. Oh dear. I could not stop crying once it was done. Matson has a way with words.
2. Hidden by Catherine McKenzie- McKenzie is a master storyteller and this book about the death of spouse with the question of infidelity is amazing.
3. Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid- Another book with a deceased spouse. Amazing but please pass the Kleenex.
4. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover- Have you ever read a Hoover book that doesn't make you cry? Let's be honest.
5. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares- This is the last book in the Travelling Pants series and it starts out with a bit of a bang.
6. The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs- This book. I will not tell you what happens but imagine me sitting on a bus trying to keep it together.
7. How to Say I Love you Out Loud by Karole Cozzo- This is a happy cry kind of book. It's touching not heartbreaking. That being said, the ugly cry will happen.
8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes- With the movie coming out you need to read this.
9. Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes- Another fave author and this book is one that you will remember for a long time.
10. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah- This author is known to crush a few hearts and this book is no exception.
Happy Reading or should I say- crying?