Monday, March 31, 2014

ARC Review: Be With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publisher: William Morrow and Company
Publishing Date:  February 4th, 2014
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Pages: 365 pgs
ISBN: 9780062294784
Source: Received for honest review by publisher and Edelweiss



Summary from Goodreads:
Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

My Review: 

When I finished reading Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout I couldn't wait to read more. I was excited to see that there was a companion novel written about Cam's best friend Jase and his sister Tess. Tess is younger than both Cam and Jase but she has always had a thing for Jase.  Even though they share a pretty hot kiss, Jase puts up a wall and Tess can't figure out why. 
I really enjoyed reading this steamy novel. It was full of drama and at times it tugged at the heartstrings.  I liked Tess.  She was not afraid to tell Jase how she was feeling and she pushed for what she wanted. She was struggling with her inability to continue doing something she loved and she was getting over an abusive relationship. She cared about her friends and family deeply and that shines through to her relationship with Jase. 
Jase's story is one that will melt your heart a little. He is really pushes everyone close to him away or he lets them in but keeps them at arms length. He never fully lets anyone in until Tess shows up and even then it's a lot of up and down. Those parts were super frustrating for me. I just wanted to yell at Jase and say, "Stop being so stupid! Don't you see you have a good thing?" 
While I really enjoyed this book and the storyline, I found that I didn't like it as much as Wait For You. I'm not sure why that was but it just was. I still enjoyed this book but just not quite as much. I would definitely recommend this is for a fun beachy read. 

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one too. It was a lot different than WAIT FOR YOU. I think I liked Jase's story more than Tess' though. :)

    ReplyDelete