Thursday, September 12, 2013

ARC Review: Wait for You by J. Lynn (aka Jennifer L. Armentrout)

Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Publishing Date: September 3rd, 2013
Genre: New Adult/Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 384 pgs
ISBN: 9780062294777
Source: borrowed from a fellow blogger for review



Summary from Goodreads:
Some things are worth waiting for...

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago--an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe--please God--make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing...

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that's just so... so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet...

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she's has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for...

My Review: 

Well, I will start off by saying that I am not usually into the romance genre of books.  Don't get me wrong, I like a good romance in my novels but I don't usually read books that have romance as the main theme of the novel.  Katie from Bookishly Yours picked this novel up at BEA and thought I would enjoy it so I thought I'd be open and give it a try.  I am glad I did because I ended up quite enjoying the novel.  

 I really liked Avery; she is determined to do what she wants to do but she has a vulnerability to her as well.   She has difficulty letting people in because of a traumatic experience in her past.  When she finally does start letting people in  her life starts looking up.   I found that some of the things that came out of her mouth are things that I would say.  I found that I could relate to her because she is on her own and navigating university independently.  Her parents have turned their back on her and have done something to greatly hurt Avery.  I can see why she'd have trouble letting people in and trusting people to help her out.  

As much as I liked Avery, I have to say that I liked Cam a whole lot more!  I am not one to get crushes on fictional boys but I found myself wanted to meet a real life Cam while reading this.  Man, oh man, this boy knows how to woo and knows how to use sexual tension to his advantage.  He comes across as a player in the beginning but he remains true to Avery despite being shut out time and time again.  This boy is hot, hot, hot.  

As much as I liked the story line I have to admit that there were a few issues for me.  To begin, there were several errors in the writing.  I also found that there were a few cliches used, including one of my most hated- he/she exhaled a breath they didn't even know they were holding.  That being said, if you're looking for a fun, breezy read, then this is the one.  It is a fun story to entertain.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment