Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's edition is Top Ten Books that Should be in your Beach Bag. I love a lazy day beach reading day so here is my list:
1. The Jenny Ham Summer Series (The Summer I Turned Pretty, It's Not Summer Without You, The Last Summer of You and I)
How could you go wrong with this series? It's about a set of two families who share a summer house every summer. Belly is torn between her love for of both Conrad and Jeremiah (brothers). Great summer read.
2. Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
This book is about three women each with their own set of problems who go to a summer house to get away and figure out what to do with their lives.
3. The Mermaid's Mirror by L. K. Madigan
This book by the late L. K. Madigan is all about a girl who loves to surf and finds out her destiny is somehow linked with mermaids.
4. Summer Sisters by Judy Bloom
Can you really go wrong with anything called Summer Sisters when you're looking for a beach read. Plus, the cover has muskoka chairs on it.
5. The Last Summer of You and Me by Ann Brashares
This book tugs at your heartstrings but again it is all about getting away for the summer.
6. Second Chance by Jane Green
The setting for this book isn't at the beach but it is a nice light read with some substance. Great for reading at the beach.
7. The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw
This book focuses on two different families and how their lives are intertwined one summer. It is full of mystery.
8. Sail by James Patterson
I really liked this book. It is a mystery type novel by Patterson but it is quite good and most of it is set on a sailboat.
9. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
This book is set at the beach and it's a Nicholas Sparks book. Enough said.
10. The Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty
This isn't necessary a beachy read but it is light and funny so you can't really go wrong.
I'm interested to see what the rest of you picked.