Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Top Ten Tuesdays #5- Dear Santa, Please Bring Me The Following Books
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme found at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's edition is the top ten things I want Santa to bring me for Christmas. My list is a little late today as I spent the whole day baking. I got a lot done; I baked blondies, macadamia nut cookies, gingersnaps, sugar cookies and some lemon poppy seed loaves. Not a bad day to spend the day but other than that I didn't get much else done. Without further ado here is my list:
1. Room by Emma Donoghue- I have been wanting to read this for quite some time and I don't want to spend $35 for the hardcover. I haven't been able to get it for my Kindle yet either (a perk of being in Canada). Anyhow, I really really want this one.
2. Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann- I have heard a lot of good things about this book. I put it on my wishlist so I guess we will see.
3. A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay- I read her other book Sarah's Key and I loved it. It is a historical fiction novel set partly during the Holocaust. It was quite a moving and emotional book so I'm hoping this book is just as good.
4. The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha- This book is based on a blog and from what I have read is quite intersting. I have wanted this for quite some time but I haven't picked it up.
5. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins- I think I am the last person on earth who hasn't read this. I have heard nothing but good things but I don't usually read books that have a lot of hype surrounding them. I usually wait for the hype to die down before I read the book. It was like this for Harry Potter and also for Twilight.
6. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen- I haven't read The Corrections yet but I do have it on my bookshelf. I have only heard good things about Franzen and I would like this book.
7. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton- I read The Forgotten Garden and I quite enjoyed it. This is also a pick for my book club. I can't wait to read it.
8. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore- I have read a lot of good reviews on this book.
9. Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb- I just adore Wally Lamb. I have all his books and I am looking forward to reading this one.
10. The Bishop's Man by Linden Macintyre- This is another book club book and I am looking forward to reading it. It has been on the bestseller list here in Canada for quite some time.
Well this is what I want. What are you hoping for under your tree?